Aim Orthodontics, Dr. Gary Sexson II & Associates --Initial Exam/Evaluation
Below is a comprehensive list of questions that will take you from the initial phone call to getting your orthodontic appliances placed on your teeth!
1. At what age should I schedule an appointment for an orthodontic screening?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends an orthodontic screening at age 7. By this age, several permanent teeth in most children have erupted, allowing us to effectively evaluate your child’s orthodontic condition. Occasionally, treatment is initiated at this time and is referred to as Phase I treatment. A majority of the time, treatment will not be initiated as this young age, but the patient will be placed on a recall program to monitor growth of the teeth and jaws, which will help determine the correct time to initiate comprehensive orthodontic treatment.
2. Will my child’s teeth straighten out as they grow?
No, they will not. The space available for the front teeth does not increase as you grow. In most people, after the permanent molars erupt, the space available for the front teeth decreases with age.
3. Why should you choose a qualified orthodontic specialist?
Teeth, and sometimes entire facial structures, are permanently changed by orthodontic treatment. It is important that the treatment be appropriate and properly completed. Orthodontic specialists have extensive and specialized training that enables them to provide their patients with professional, personalized treatments. Our specialists have studied two years or more beyond the 4 years of dental school specifically for orthodontics.
4. How do I schedule an appointment for an initial exam?
Simply call one of our offices or click on this "schedule an appointment" link. We will be happy to schedule a complimentary consultation appointment for you and/or your child. Our office staff will require some information from you, such as contact information, dentist information, insurance information, etc. in order to get your appointment scheduled.
5. What will happen at the initial examination appointment?
Upon arriving, each patient and parent will be greeted by the staff and doctor who will introduce you to our office and prepare you/your child for the initial exam. We will take the necessary X-rays to allow the Aim doctors to make a proper diagnosis and the doctor will then complete a thorough orthodontic exam.
6. What will I learn from the initial examination?
There are essential questions that we will cover during the initial examination:
- Is there an orthodontic problem, and if so, what is it?
- What must be done to correct the problem?
- Will any teeth need to be removed?
- How long will the treatment take to complete?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- What payment options are offered (our office has no down payment options as well as third party financing options)?
- What portion will my insurance cover for the treatment cost?
- How do we get started?
7. How do we get started with treatment?
Once you decide that treatment at Aim Orthodontics is the right choice for you, then diagnostic records consisting of molds and photos of the teeth will be completed. This can be done at the initial visit to save you time and an additional visit to our office. We then set up your next appointment to get your braces and/or appliances placed. It is that easy to get started on your new smile!
1780 N. Farnsworth Ave
Aurora, IL 60505
10020 W. Grand Ave.
Franklin Park, IL 60131
25158 W. Eames St.
Channahon, IL 60410